Monday, November 16, 2015

Veteran's Day Blog


First things first, I would like to say happy Veteran’s Day to all of the veterans out there that have served in the United States military so that we, as civilians, can be safe and have the freedoms that we have today. After reading this article I can see how this topic could go both ways. There needs to be some set limits so people don’t just go around shooting other people and then say they were a threat just as an excuse to shoot someone with no real reason. But then again, by the time you can get hard evidence it may already be too late and could put the lives of people in jeopardy. I couldn’t imagine having to make that kind of decision knowing that if I make the wrong one other people’s lives could be put in danger including my own. Or if I make the wrong decision, knowing that I could be dishonorably discharged from the military and put in jail for a decision that I made trying to keep those around me and those that I love same.
The second part of the blog, citizenship is a duty not a privilege. I believe that they say this because it talks about how it will require dedicated efforts and that the efforts may lead to discomfort and suffering on some citizens. So even though being a citizen is awesome and we have our freedoms and rights. Some people had to suffer for us to get us to where we are today.

No comments:

Post a Comment